The Millstone Valley Scenic Byway Visitor Center is located in the two-story, four-room house built in 1834 as a residence for the bridge-tender and his family. When a boat approached the Griggstown bridge, it was the responsibility of the bridge tender to swing it open so that the boat could pass. When the canal ceased operation, many of the bridge-tender's houses fell into disrepair. The Griggstown bridge-tender's house was restored in 2010 with grant money from the National Scenic Byway program to function downstairs as the Visitor Center for the Millstone Valley National Scenic Byway, and upstairs as the headquarters of the Millstone Valley Preservation Coalition.
Hugh Blaney was the bridge tender at Griggstown from 1834 until he died of typhoid fever in 1853. He lived in this house with his wife and seven children.